I do love eggs, but sometimes I want something different for breakfast. These are delicious, and would also be great as a snack or dessert. Sure, there are low-carb snack bars on the market, and some of them are pretty good. These have 6g net carbs per bar and are really yummy.
If you have a hard time finding sugar-free chocolate chips (like I do) just buy a sugar-free chocolate bar and chop it into small chunks.
Serves: 12 – recipe from Andres Regalado of the-lowcarb-diet.com
• 1 cup no-sugar added peanut butter (chunky)
• ½ cup sweetener of choice, sugar-free (I like Stevia)
• ½ cup flax seed meal
• ½ cup almond meal
• ½ cup chocolate chips, sugar-free
• 2 eggs whites
• ½ cup cashews
• ½ cup almonds
• ½ teaspoon chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) pan or baking dish with parchment paper. Leave a little extra on the sides to use as handles for removing the bars when finished.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture into 8×8 pan and press it into the pan so that it's flattened.
4. Bake for 10-15. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Cut into bars, serve and keep remaining bars refrigerated.
Serving size: 1 bar (Total recipe makes about 12 servings)
Protein 11.10g, Cals 305, Fat 23.50g, Carbs 16.16g, Fiber 5.46g, Sugar Alcohols 4.67g — NET CARBS: 6.03g